Country of Origin Information Reports
ARC’s case-specific country reports examine the human rights, legal, social, political and humanitarian situation in asylum seekers’ countries of origin. They are divided by research issue and include direct web links to all source material including governmental and inter-governmental reports, information from human rights organisations, international and domestic news agencies and academic journals.
Each country report:
- contains case-specific analysis and summaries of the source material
included within the report by research issue
- identifies relevant excerpts of country information for each issue
- contains original source material with web links
- is fully indexed and paginated
AK (Article 15(c)) Afghanistan CG  UKUT 00163(IAC) (18 May 2012) determined that “there may be a useful role in country guidance cases for reports by COI analysts/consultants” such as ARC (headnote A (iv) and para. 178) and that ARC consultants have the “relevant skills and experience to undertake this work” (para. 178).
ARC was commissioned to provide COI research for the following Country Guidance (CG) cases, query responses and country reports:
- Country Report on Turkey - Update (25/01/2017)
- BA (Returns to Baghdad Iraq CG)  UKUT 18 (IAC) (23 January 2017)
- Query Response on Bangladesh (15/12/2016)
- Country Report on Turkey (15/12/2016)
- Query response on South Kordofan, Sudan (03/11/2016)
- Query response on West and South Kordofan, Sudan (20/09/2016)
- Query responses on Ethiopia (07/09/2016)
- Country Report on South Kordofan and Blue Nile (1 June 2016)
- Query response on Sri Lanka - UPDATE (11/03/2016)
- Country Report on Darfur (October 2015)
- Query response on Khartoum and Omdurman (09/09/2015)
- Country Report on Pakistan (June 2015)
- Country Report on Zimbabwe (15/01/2015)
- Query response on Sri Lanka (07/10/2014)
- Query response on Sudan (11/04/2014)
- Country Report on Libya (05/07/2013)
- Country Report on South Sudan (07/01/2013)
- COI Country Reports on Belize (14/11/2012), Jamaica (16/07/2012), and the Russian Federation (16/07/2012) to support UNHCR's project "Country-of-origin information to support the adjudication of asylum claims from Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) asylum seekers"
- CM (EM country guidance; disclosure) Zimbabwe CG  UKUT 59 (IAC) (31 January 2013)
- HM and others (Article 15(c)) Iraq CG  UKUT 00409(IAC) (13 November 2012)
- AK (Article 15(c)) Afghanistan CG  UKUT 00163(IAC)(18 May 2012)
- AA (unattended children) Afghanistan CG  UKUT 16 (IAC) (01 February 2012)
- the upcoming Iraq CG case on perceived collaborators, as well as the CG cases on Uzbekistan (expired exit permit) and Sudan (Beja Congress, JEM)
In a former capacity at the Immigration Advisory Service (IAS), ARC's consultants provided the research for:
- SA (Divorced woman- illegitimate child) Bangladesh CG  UKUT 254 (IAC) (13 July 2011)
- RN (Returnees) Zimbabwe CG  UKAIT 00083 (19 November 2008)
- KH (Article 15(c) Qualification Directive) Iraq CG  UKAIT 00023 (25 March 2008)
- NA (risk categories, Hema) Democratic Republic of Congo CG  UKAIT 00071 (29 September 2008)
ARC conducts research in accordance with the standards and principles laid down by the European Union Common EU Guidelines for Processing Country of Origin Information, the Austrian Red Cross/ACCORD Researching COI Training Manual-2013 Edition, and the International Association for Refugee Law Judges Judicial Criteria for Assessing Country of Origin Information. ARC’s Country of Origin Information Reports can be adapted to any national jurisdiction as required. View a sample bundle here.
Fill in the ARC Research Request Form and send, where relevant, with the Witness Statement, Reasons for Refusal letter, Determination and any other supporting documents to email@example.com. Please note ARC operates to a 5 working days turnaround, although this may be negotiable.
Our fee is £30 per hour. Fees for reports are usually between £225 - £570 depending on the issues for research (not subject to VAT)